Here is what can be done:
- change MA plan to another MA plan
- change MAPD plan to another MAPD plan
- change MA plan to MAPD plan
- change MAPD plan to MA plan
- disenroll from MA or MAPD to Original Medicare and enroll in a Part D Plan
- change PDP to a new PDP
- change from a Medicare Savings Account
- change from a Cost Plan (Because these plans are being terminated in several states and/or counties, cost plans will have their respective SEP.)
During this new Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period, if a beneficiary changes plans during:
- January, the new plan is effective February 1, March 1 or April 1, whichever the beneficiary elects
- February, the new plan is effective March 1 or April 1, whichever the beneficiary elects.
- March, the new plan is effective April 1.