The Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period (January 1-March 31)
Here is what can be done:
1. change MA plan to another MA plan
2. change MAPD plan to another MAPD plan
3. change MA plan to MAPD plan
4. change MAPD plan to MA plan
3. disenroll from MA or MAPD to Original Medicare and enroll in a Part D Plan
1. change PDP to a new PDP
2. change from a Medicare Savings Account
3. change from a Cost Plan (Because these plans are being terminated in several states and/or counties, cost plans will have their respective SEP.)
During this new Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period, if a beneficiary changes plans during:
1. January, the new plan is effective February 1, March 1 or April 1, whichever the beneficiary elects
2. February, the new plan is effective March 1 or April 1, whichever the beneficiary elects.
3. March, the new plan is effective April 1.